Manager, Technical Show
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of whats possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, were creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for management, oversight, monitoring, budgeting, scheduling and expediting the design, development and implementation process of Rockwork, Scenic Facades, Scenic Interiors, and Visual Scenics on a Project Site. Duties include the management of multiple vendors in both the design and implementation stages.
- Responsible for the management of the fabrication, installation, testing (if required), permitting and on site implementation of all of the rockwork, scenic facades, scenic attractions and other visual scenics for the project, including all art direction approvals, code compliance, technical investigating, compliance to specifications and approval by the authorities having jurisdiction.
- Responsible for the management of the vendors during the design development (shop drawings), sub-consultant coordination, architectural/engineering coordination, art direction and sample programs for all rockwork, scenic facades, scenic interiors and other visual scenics for the project.
- Develops detailed coordinated schedules for all work by vendor identifying and managing critical path and resource issues. Leads production status and schedules reviews ensuring coordination with Project Team. Monitors all budgetary production expenses for project and/or attraction.
- Manages the relevant scenic/interiors budget throughout design, fabrication, installation, art direction approvals and commissioning for project and/or attraction.
- Manages the design, fabrication and material change process to accurately document contractual changes.
- Responsible for concept development, scope of work, request for proposal, bid and award process for all rockwork, scenic facades, scenic interiors and other visual scenics for the project.
- Manages and coordinates Vendor design coordination, facility inputs and attachment interfaces with the Vendor(s), Design Consultants, and Contractor(s).
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Set/Scenic Design, Architecture, Building Construction and/or other Bachelors Degree coupled with experience in Scenic Construction is required.
- 5 7 Years design, production and project/contract management experience required.
- 5 7 Years field construction experience specific to set/scenic, creative architecture and the theme park industry.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Required to work with multiple outside vendors including but not limited to architect/engineers, scenic, graphics, special effects, general contractors and ride vendors. Includes travel to their facilities for progress, quality and creative intent review and approvals.Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE