Governance Coordinator - Administrative
MAIN PURPOSE: To coordinate, oversee implementation, and provide high level administrative support to the governance work of the Boards of Directors of both the American Academy of Optometry (AAO) and the American Academy of Optometry Foundation (AAOF).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Act as primary contact for both AAO and AAOF boards.
- Coordinate all logistics and preparations for Board of Directors meetings (hotel, F&B, travel itinerary, etc.)
- Prepare and distribute Board meeting materials to the Boards of Directors of both AAO and AAOF.
- Attend and record all Board meetings and conference calls for AAO and AAOF; prepare and disseminate minutes for review; manage final distribution and posting.
- Support the work of the incoming President of the Academy to recruit and identify volunteers for the next term of office.
- Manage Board and volunteer on boarding materials and communications.
- Manage conflict of interest forms to ensure all volunteers are in compliance.
- Maintain policy manuals for both AAO and AAOF.
- Work with colleagues, vendors, and volunteers to oversee the creation, implementation, and maintenance of database to track Academy activities, and retain "institutional history" over time.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Nominating and Governance Committees.
- All other duties assigned.
- Self-motivated, focused, positive attitude, flexible, and proactive
- Ability to make decision and maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge and experience with principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, research, and general administration
- Strong communication, composition, computer systems, prioritizing, and public relations skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel (quarterly)
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in a high-level administrative support position
- Prior non-profit experience
- Prior experience working with a Board of Directors and/or committees
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience