Learning & Development Lead
If you are interested in disrupting the healthcare market, and have the passion and competence to do so, this is your organization. We encourage you to lean in and read on.
Alegeus is the market leader in consumer directed healthcare solutions, offering the industry’s most comprehensive platform for the administration of healthcare benefit accounts, the industry’s most widely-used benefit debit card, and powerful engagement solutions to help consumers maximize savings and optimize spending for their healthcare. Over 300 clients – including health insurance plans, third party administrators and financial institutions – leverage Alegeus’ deep expertise and proven technology to administer benefit accounts for more than 29 million members and process more than $8.9 billion in consumer healthcare payments annually. As the healthcare and benefit markets continue to evolve, Alegeus delivers solutions that enable clients to evolve their service offerings, operate their businesses more efficiently, and focus on their customers.
Alegeus is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of companies, working in partnership with the market-leading technology investment firm to reinvent the consumer directed healthcare marketplace. Our talented associates benefit from this partnership through increased capital for strategic investments, access to exceptional toolkits, best practices and resources for success, and strong cultural and value alignment focused on talent development and growth.
Alegeus seeks a Learning and Development (L&D) Lead to join our dedicated, passionate team of professionals. The L&D Lead will report to Anna Lyons, Vice President of Human Capital, and be responsible for helping our company succeed by training and developing our world-class talent.
MISSION: Create and execute learning strategies and programs to help our talented new hires get-smart-fast and continue to develop and grow as productive, effective professionals. In short, accelerate employee development to keep Alegeus at the cutting edge of our industry.
OUTCOMES (the “What”):
Impact 80% of the Alegeus workforce through internal learning and development programs including an expanded Alegeus onboarding, revamped Managers program, reinstituted Alegeus Aces program, and general hard and soft skill course deployment.
- Determine average base line ramp-time for new hires in core operational roles (time required to get new hires up-to-speed and productivity) and decrease by 10%.
- In the new hire 40/80 day check-in survey, drive up agree/strongly agree responses by 10% to the question “I receive the necessary training to be successful in my role.”
Alegeus Managers Program
- Increase internal candidates for senior and executive leadership succession planning purposes by providing management development opportunities to unlock both potential and performance.
- Increase percentage of internal promotions to managerial positions by 10% during via the Alegeus Aces program targeted at creating a strong bench of talent. General Hard & Soft Skill Course Deployment
- Create a development plan (ex. one course per quarter) and provide hard skill courses (ex. Microsoft Excel basics) and soft skill courses (ex. active listening in customer service) to 80% of Alegeus core customer-facing operational roles.
The desired candidate should have proven experience in the learning and development space. The desired candidate must be comfortable and proficient in the design, execution, and data-based iteration of the Alegeus L&D strategy. The desired candidate will be responsible for both development AND execution of the Alegeus learning strategy and program.
OUTCOMES (the “How”): At Alegeus, equally important to the “What” (the individual performance goals that each employee commits to in support of the company’s overall success) is the “How” (the framework of principles that guide how we work together to drive our business forward). Overall performance success will also take into account individual delivery on our corporate values:
- Protect the Family
- Fun & Passionate
- Results Over Activity
- Value One Another
- Customer Focused
- All responsibilities for this role will be in service of the Outcomes listed above
- This role will need to evaluate organizational development needs (and at time individual development needs) and implement various learning and development methodologies and programs that measurably address those needs
- This role will need to partner closely with leaders across the organization to determine highest impact L&D opportunities
- This role will need to partner with function-specific trainers to develop a robust L&D strategy that incorporates established, function-specific bootcamps (goal is that L&D efforts are additive, not duplicative)
- This role will need to centrally measure learning outcomes in order to iterate the L&D strategy
- Proven experience in the learning and development space
- BS/BA in Business, Psychology, Human Resources or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPLP) is a plus
- Experience with project management and successful completion of project-based tasks will be required to be successful
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- A visionary that can both create and execute with a proven, strong say/do ratio
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Current knowledge of effective adult learning and development methods
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Ability to build rapport with employees and collaborate productively with subject-matter experts