Senior Director, Financial Operations
Alegeus is the market leader in consumer directed healthcare (CDH) solutions, offering the industry’s most comprehensive platform for the administration of healthcare benefit accounts, the industry’s most widely-used benefit debit card, and powerful engagement solutions to help consumers maximize savings and optimize spending for their healthcare. Over 300 clients – including health insurance plans, third party administrators and financial institutions – leverage Alegeus’ deep expertise and proven technology to administer benefit accounts for more than 29 million members and process more than $8.9 billion in consumer healthcare payments annually. As the healthcare and benefit markets continue to evolve, Alegeus delivers solutions that enable clients to evolve their service offerings, operate their businesses more efficiently, and focus on their customers.
Alegeus is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of companies, working in partnership with the market-leading technology investment firm to reinvent the consumer directed healthcare marketplace. Our talented associates benefit from this partnership through increased capital for strategic investments, access to exceptional toolkits, best practices and resources for success, and strong cultural and value alignment focused on talent development and growth.
Alegeus seeks a Senior Director, Financial Operations to join our dedicated, passionate team of professionals. The Senior Director will report to Jeremy Hastings, the Chief Operating Officer, and be responsible for assisting with the transformation of the operations team as Alegeus continues to grow.
Represent through word and deed Alegeus’s commitment to clients and consumers. We value consumers’ spending accounts and the trust they place in us to support the financial integrity of our programs and processes that we the highest commitment to be accurate and complete as we fund consumers’ accounts: we will ensure the right amounts are in the right accounts at the right time and with the right reports to validate we got it all right.
- 100% of participant funding errors resolved within seven (7) calendar days or less (measured daily)
- 95% of all bank accounts are reconciled within one (1) business day (measured daily)
- Reconciliation of a specific date’s transactions will be 100% complete within seven (7) calendar days (measured daily)
- 99% of ACH returns are resolved within one (1) business day (measured daily)
- Accuracy of daily manual invoices created is 98% or greater (FY measurement)
- Settlement accuracy is 99% or greater (FY measurement)
- Design a plan for role and responsibilities for the build-out of financial operations and have it approved by the COO and executive team by 6/1/19
- Ensure direct reports assigned to account and operations teams meet all client deliverables for accuracy of financial data and reporting
- Design and implement an escalation resolution process by 6/1/19 that will ensure any erroneous funding gets into the correct accounts and has proper documentation to support it
- Ensure team has 80%+ “A” players by 4/1/20
The desired candidate should have direct experience in designing and managing financial operations control environments. The desired candidate will have experience in all elements of financial and bank operations and will be responsible for participating with both the Operations and Finance teams to ensure a controlled financial environment. Comfort with designing and editing financial workflows and building risks and controls for new processes will be important.
The desired candidate will be a self-starter who has a demonstrated history of taking initiative to solve complex financial services problems. The candidate should be comfortable and confident with complex analytic work, be persistent, have demonstrated results, pay attention to the details and be efficient with work.
- Many responsibilities for this role will be in service of the Outcomes listed above
- Participate in the development of the Alegeus software product to ensure a controlled financial environment
- This role will oversee a team of at least two (2) and likely six (6) staff (exact team size to-be-determined) that will execute the necessary financial operations functions
- Candidate will be responsible for hiring any necessary replacements and supporting the development of the inherited team
- This role will need to partner with many leaders on the operations and finance teams to design and execute strategy in coordination and partnership with existing teams and structures
- Beyond the operations and finance teams, this role will need to build strong partnerships with account management, product, and software development teams in order to realize some of the outcomes
- BA/BS required; Master’s degree in business, finance, operations, engineering, computer science or similar field preferred
- Work experience in financial services, financial operations or related fields
- Experience with project management and successful completion of project-based tasks will be required to be successful
- Working knowledge and understanding of the US healthcare system and the operations of health plans
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- A passion for healthcare, financial services, behavioral economics, consumerism and/or any combination of these disciplines
- Strong interest in learning new things and comfort in pushing new boundaries
Apply for Senior Director, Financial Operations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly