CityWalk Food and Beverage Opportunities
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
CityWalk is the only place where you will find such eclectic mixes of nightlife and dining experiences that allow you an escape from the ordinary. The inspiration that we have to be bold, our passion to create memories for our guests and our commitment to our Team Members is what sets us apart from the rest. So what are you waiting for?
BARTENDER: Exceptional guest service skills and the ability not only to understand, but also extend proactive services are an intricate part of being a Universal Orlando Bartender. Bartenders should be outgoing, be able to multi-task and add their sparkle to the excitement of a guests experience.
- Ensures adherence to the Florida State Liquor Statutes at all times.
- Prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests and for waitpersons to serve to guests.
- Provides excellent guest service by interacting and conversing with guests.
- Follows all established recipes and procedures in alcoholic beverage preparation.
- Possesses full knowledge of all products available.
- Follows HACCP procedures and ensure all portions and pours are accurate.
- Operates cash register accurately and ringing all items into the POS system. Following all established cash handling procedures.
- Changes and maintaining draft beer and liquor dispensing system and ensuring work area is well organized and kept clean.
BUSSER (TIPPED): Bussers (Tipped) have a unique opportunity to play a part in making sure our guests dining experience is both exceptional and one of a kind. When you set our table, you set the standard!
- Cleans and sanitizes tables, chairs, counters and fixtures in the dining area.
- Maintains a clean and enjoyable environment for our guests by sweeping and/or mopping floors, cleaning and emptying garbage receptacles, condiment stands and making sure that dirty trays are being returned to the dish room.
- Stocks and replenishes condiment stands with all the necessary supplies.
- Assists guests with their requests/needs including high chairs, booster seats, etc.
DOOR HOST: As a Door Host, you have the opportunity to work at one of our many lively and intricately themed full service restaurants and night clubs. Being the first impression to greet and make our guests feel welcomed in an unparalleled entertainment and dining experience is like no other!
- Provides information, conversing with the guests waiting in line and control the flow of the queue.
- Checks in guests using the Next Table reservation system. Seats guests and parties according to venue procedures. Assists guests with special accommodations and in emergency situations.
- Checks identification to ensure that patrons are of legal age. Enforcing alcohol awareness by monitoring intoxicated guests and assist guests upon exiting the venue by packaging purchased glassware.
- Maintains cleanliness around the front/facade of the building.
FOOD RUNNER (TIPPED): Looking for an enthusiastic team player whos comfortable working in fast-paced environments and is eager to learn and support wait staff. Responsible for delivery of food and beverage in a full service restaurant while providing positive guest relations. Anticipates and fills guest needs to provide guest satisfaction by performing the following duties.
- Ensures plates are properly garnished and meets food quality standards before delivering items and serving to guests.
- Must have full knowledge of table numbers, seating positions, menu items, ingredients and must be able to describe items to guests.
- Maintains guest satisfaction, responds to guest requests and communicate needs to appropriate team member.
- Adheres to opening and closing duties.
- Engages and interacts with guests and employees in a positive outgoing manner.
SERVICE CASHIER: Service Cashiers act as an integral part of a guests visit with us by replenishing them with thirst quenching beverages and a delectable bite to eat! These food and beverage Team Members will assist by filling food and beverage orders at one of Universal Orlandos fast-paced, immersive themed fast casual restaurants.
- Works various Food and Beverage locations, including both indoor and outdoor venues.
- Greets guests and suggestively sells and fills food and beverage orders.
- Handles cash, credit card, travelers checks, and discount transactions with the assistance of a POS (Point of Sale) register.
- Replenishes condiment stands, straightens chairs and tables, and maintains a clean, sanitized food service area by picking up litter and following established cleaning procedures.
- Ensures extraordinary guest service by providing positive interactions with guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
STARBUCKS BARISTA: Working as a Barista, Team Members represent not only the Universal Brand, but also Starbucks! Team Members continuously delight, rejuvenate and energize our guests with the art of creating and serving espresso and coffee drinks in the heart of the excitement in Universal Orlando CityWalk!
- Prepares a variety of customer beverage orders such as espresso drinks and Coffee of the Day to Starbucks standards.
- Prepares all beverages to standard and hand out quality drinks every time.
- Follows policies and procedures for operational flow at each station.
- Maintains a clean work area and immediate surrounding area. Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
- Presents oneself professionally and demonstrates clear communication by using Star Skills with all customer and partner interactions. Follows cash handling and register procedures.
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products.
STOCKER: Work in a location where you will save the day and ensure that everything is show-ready for guests and Team Members by stocking our outdoor food carts, checking in food product and jumping in to assist your fellow Team Members when needed.
- Informs management of stock levels to ensure proper inventory and stock. Receives, verifies, and counts incoming shipments from warehouse or vendors.
- Stocks the location(s), optimizes usage of stock rooms and shelving space and keeps stockrooms clean and organized.
- Processes damaged product by removing from location(s) and filling out proper paperwork.
- Partners with management to ensure optimum stock levels and maintains the appearance of the location.
- Positively impacts the guest experience through the execution of guest service standards. Assists on sales floor when needed.
WAITPERSON: A Universal Orlando Waitperson will be a pivotal piece in making our guest experience even more exceptional by incorporating high quality, personalized guest service, delivering meals, refilling beverages, answering guest questions and accommodating special requests.
- Ensures that our guests receive the prompt, friendly and personalized service.
- Offers suggestions through knowledge of food and beverage items and ingredients.
- Answers questions and accommodates special request.
- Handles complaints and/or soliciting management assistance as needed.
- Maintains organized and clean service areas.
- Ensures adherence to Florida State Liquor Statutes.
- Removes dishes and glasses from the table.
- Follows established cash handling procedures.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 0-1 Year: Six months to one year Food and Beverage experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. All tipped roles require 1-3 years of previous Full Service experience.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and or move between 20 and 50 pounds.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions (select positions).
- Verifying age in the sales of alcohol (select positions).
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE