SUMMARY OF OVERALL PURPOSE
In the organization's endeavor to build a global brand, the Creative Director is responsible for upholding and elevating the creative capabilities and inspiring the team. The Creative Director will develop performance-driven solutions to achieve strategic goals while maintaining the integrity of the brand. Most importantly, the Creative Director will need to connect with the mission and be able to bring it to life creatively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Convert strategic strategies into effective and creative ideas/concepts across a range of communication channels
- Maintain accountability for overall quality, strategy, budget and timing of all creative output
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approval for deliverables
- Guide the creative team through creative conception, execution of concepts and departmental processes
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling written, print and digital experiences
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Stay current on knowledge of emerging trends and technologies and the ability to institute best practices for traditional and digital marketing products.
- Generate ideas to bring high-level concepts to fruition
- Edit and proofread communication items in a variety of formats
- Write clear, compelling copy in different voices/styles to create long lasting, emotional connections and guide writers to do the same
- Use SEO principles to maximize copys reach
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, and establish priorities
- Provide necessary and appropriate coaching through frequent articulate and constructive feedback, 1-1s and performance reviews. Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
All other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS BEYOND NORMAL OFFICE ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to travel
- Ability to lift and transfer 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated effective leader with the ability to train, coach and motivate team members
- A powerful portfolio of creative work that demonstrates originality, innovation, design, problem-solving, and results
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Understanding of typography, color theory, corporate identity and branding, with a broad knowledge of current design and advertising
- Excellent written, verbal and conceptual communication skills
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels of the organization by adjusting approaches to meet the needs of the audience
- Knowledge of principles and practices for all communication channels
- Experience with SEO
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Effectively identifies and analyzes problems. Uses creative solutions to solve problems with varying degrees of information.
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle, including battery-operated golf cart
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in copywriting, graphic design, advertising, or communications
- 3+ years of management experience
Give Kids The World is a drug-free workplace.