Guest Services Manager
- Career Level
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for the continuous improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Guest Services Agents and Welcome Hut team. Enable the team to provide exceptional and courteous service 24 hours a day and maintain a safe, secure and welcoming environment in the Village.
- Collaborate with the Guest Service Director to provide direction, leadership and support to Guest Service Agents and Welcome Hut team that mirror the mission and core values of the organization.
- Recruit, mentor and develop agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Provide necessary and appropriate coaching through frequent feedback, 1-1’s and performance reviews.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, and establish priorities
- Ensure adequate staffing/volunteer coverage of operating areas by creating and distributing schedules that reflect business needs
- Exemplify courtesy and ensure that every wish family receives personal contact from the Guest Services staff upon arrival and throughout scheduled stay with Give Kids The World
- Serve as the Night Operations Manager 5 days a week and ensure there is a Night Operations Manager on the other 2 days.
- Serve as an escalation point for guest inquiries, complaints and needs of the to ensure the perfect guest experience
- Support Assistant Guest Services Managers to identify, document and resolve all incidents (emergency or non-emergency)
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/DIRECT REPORTS:
- Guest Service Agents
- Welcome Hut/PBX Assistants
PHYSICAL DEMANDS BEYOND NORMAL OFFICE ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift and move boxes, cartons, medical equipment, luggage, etc. weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to be on-call for staff and Village emergencies
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated effective leader with the ability to train, coach, motivate and empower team members
- Demonstrated ability to maintain multiple priorities and ability to adapt quickly and easily to a changing environment.
- Ability to work with all types of individuals, including: guests, co-workers, volunteers, vendors and leaders.
- Must be able to use creative problem solving skills and demonstrate decisiveness
- Ability to maintain calm and controlled during crisis situations
- Proven experience to delivery exceptional customer service.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly & articulately with a positive, professional & pleasant manner
- PC skills including Microsoft Outlook (Office, Word, Excel)
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle, including battery-operated golf cart
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in hospitality/guest service position
- 5 years of experience managing a team of at least 10 or more employees
- Bilingual, English and Spanish Preferred
Give Kids The World is a drug-free workplace.