Working closely with other members of the Development team and reporting directly to the Development Director, the Development Associate identifies, cultivates and solicits a variety of individuals to obtain auction items for a variety of events in order to support the fundraising aspects for Give Kids The World.
Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Identify and secure auction items for various events.
- Develop and maintain relationships and outreach with donors, businesses, community leaders, among others, to promote Give Kids The World and garner strong support for our work and mission.
- Maintain and update records as appropriate.
- Support logistical aspects for events as directed.
- Available to attend and help with events as needed.
All other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OUTSIDE OF NORMAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel – 10%
- Ability to lift and transfer 25 lbs
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Collaborative team player that establishes effective working relationships by adjusting approaches to meet the needs of a diverse audience
- Has knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques
- Proven experience obtaining a variety of auction donation items
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Clear concise verbal communication skills with the ability to persuade others
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to maintain calm and composed in times of pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly and with high quality. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Computer literate with proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook/Express with the ability to learn new computer programs
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle, including battery-operated golf cart
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 3+ years of event experience in a non-profit environment
- 1 year of experience working with donations
Give Kids The World is a drug-free workplace.