Senior Wellness Director
Are you ready for the next step in your wellness leadership career with one of the most progressive YMCA Associations in the country? The YMCA of Central Florida has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Wellness Director at the Winter Park YMCA Family Center. Seeking a dynamic, self-motivated wellness leader with proven related operations experience to cater to a growing membership population with a large family demographic. The incumbent will be responsible for daily operations of the wellness department, and provide leadership in the selection, management, development and recruitment of wellness staff, including group exercise and personal training. This individual will be challenged to provide a successful record of accomplishment in related fiscal management as well as the execution of innovative wellness programs.
Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of Health Strategies, Youth Development and Community Collaborations.
Make a real difference in your career. Be part of something BIGGER at the YMCA of Central Florida!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in wellness, fitness or related field of study preferred.
- ACSM, NSCA, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in wellness and wellness programming is essential.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in staff supervision and leadership preferred, including supervision of multiple departments and / or management level employees.
- Minimum 3 years management experience in overseeing daily operations for wellness, group exercise, and personal training programs is essential; YMCA experience or related is preferred.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, public relations and communication skills.
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office and various fitness and wellness applications required; Salesforce CRM or Technogym experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to train, mentor and develop staff.
- Skills in fundraising, public relations and programming for wellness initiatives.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits, which include the following:
- Quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options)
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employee and household
- Generous paid time off package
- Exceptional career opportunities with a large and growing organization
- A challenging, fun, and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.