The YMCA of Central Florida operates two state-of-the-art licensed child care facilities in Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee. Through the efforts of dedicated staff, and obtaining successful program outcomes, these locations recently became Apple accredited! The program is open 365 days a year from 6:00 am – 11:00 pm. We offer full-time, part-time, and on-call opportunities; with available day, evening, and weekend shifts. We are seeking dependable and experienced Cook to join our team.
Under the supervision of the Director, the Cook will be responsible for providing excellent quality of food and service to enrolled children at the YMCA of Central Florida Family Centers at the Walt Disney World Resorts. This individual will assist Family Center leadership in overseeing the operations of the food program, including hygiene, meal planning and preparation, food distribution to rooms, and supervision of student workers. The incumbent will prepare nutritious meals and snacks for enrolled children. Prepare substitute items for children on restricted diets, if applicable. S/he must ensure cleanliness and safety of kitchen facilities at all times. This individual is required to comply with all Child Care Food Program guidelines requirements and all public health regulations regarding food storage and preparation. S/he will maintain the quality and inventory of the supplies, equipment and materials of the food program. This individual will process food orders, as well as unload and stock supplies.The Cook must provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, to ensure the operation of a quality food program. S/he must work toward positive parent/staff relations to ensure satisfaction with the food program.
- High School graduate or equivalent strongly preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of commercial cooking experience required.
- Child care facility experience preferred.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- EXCLUSIVE for eligible YMCA at Walt Disney World employees: Main Entrance pass that gives access to employee to any Walt Disney World Orlando Theme Park
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employee, spouse and dependents
- Full-time employees are eligible to receive: Affordable and excellent quality health care (medical, dental, vision options). Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee. And a generous paid time off package
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.