The Winter Park YMCA Family Center is seeking a Full-time Child Development Supervisor. Under the direction and supervision of the Program Director, s/he is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the child development department, including implementing and supervising daily activities, supervision, selection, training, and scheduling of part-time child development staff, as well as ensuring the overall welfare, safety, and satisfaction of members and participants.
- Assist in development, implementation and evaluation of all child development activities.
- Monitor parent/child feedback.
- Oversee scheduling personnel for given shifts, to ensure necessary coverage at all times.
- Develop monthly themed curriculum.
- Ensure safe and healthy child development environment.
- Attend required meetings and trainings as are assigned by Family Center leadership.
- Assist in maintaining facility cleanliness standards by compiling a supply list for housekeeping and craft needs.
- Provide superior customer service to members and their children by assisting with problem solving and conflict situations.
- Assist in the leadership of the Annual Scholarship Campaign.
- Assist in the coordination of special staff, member, and volunteer events.
- Administer quality tool procedures (Quality Standards and Developmentally appropriate practices).
- Participate in Family Center management functions and planning.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and 1-2 years prior experience working with children.
- Current CPR/First Aid and Blood borne certifications.
- Knowledge of YMCA programs, philosophies and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with members/children/staff
- Excellent organizational skills and presentation skills to aide in planning in the child watch area.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking
- Ability to work a varied Full-time schedule based on operation needs.
- Ability to work in supervisory role and resolve conflict situations.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Pushing (30 lbs)
- Pulling (30 lbs)
- Lifting (50 lbs)
Effect on End Result:
- Financial growth and stability for Family Center.
- The safety of all children within the assigned area.
- Program growth and community awareness of quality programming.
- High morale of staff and program participants.
- Retention of staff and members in assigned area.
- Program evaluations that meet the Family Center and department quality standards.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan.
- YMCA membership for employee, and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Career enrichment and advancement opportunities.
- A challenging, fun, and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.