The YMCA of Central Florida prides itself on providing water safety for children and adults in the community. The Rosen YMCA Aquatic Center in Orlando is seeking talented and experienced individuals to join our team as LEAD LIFEGUARDS to support us in this critical effort. This is a Full-time position.
Aquatic staff duties include but are not limited to guarding, assisting members and pool maintenance. Individuals must have excellent customer service skills and strong swimming skills. Individuals should have a positive attitude and posses great communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with peers, members and leadership. Aquatic staff must know and review all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with the YMCA of Central Florida policies and procedures.
We have many opportunities for employee certification training, career growth and year round positions available. The Y is a cause-driven organization that provides a challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer certified
- AED certified
- First Aid Certified
- Lifeguard Certification (nationally recognized)
- At least two years experience in a Lifeguard role.
- Minimum age 18 years or older
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits, which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities with the nation’s most valuable and recognized non-profit brands.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.