3 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Oversees surety claims, ensures complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews, and investigations when necessary. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Job Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Authorize decisions involving payments, and follow-up at time of file closure.
- Oversee claims and customer service issues.
- Prepare management reports as needed or requested.
- Coordinate and assist in systems training and development.
- Coordinate and train new and existing claims adjusters.
- Assist with procedure documentation and implementation.
- Provide guidance, interpretation and decisions related to department administrative and operational procedures.
- Continue education requirements per license.
Education: High-school degree minimum, Associate’s or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience: Seven to ten years experience in insurance industry.
Skills: Managerial and organizational skills. Typing, filing, and prioritizing of tasks, software skills: MS Office, Windows, Data Entry, and Internet.
Communication: Excellent communication, phone, fax, and e-mail skills. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, agents, and management. Ability to communicate fluently in English.
Specialized Knowledge, Certification, or Licenses: Claims Adjuster License.
Critical Success Factors: Ability to work independently, delegate tasks, problem-solve, lead a team, work under strict deadlines, and multitask. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Physical Requirements: Ability to operate general office equipment: Keyboard, mouse, fax, copiers, and printers. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Position has access to confidential information: Personal records, credit and financial info.
Position has access to company funds: Collateral disbursement, claims payments, recovery monies.
Position requires high demand for results, ability to establish own goals, work closely with others, record keeping, and attention to detail.