Pay Level: $15.00/hour
The editor for Jesus Film Project Donor Reporting will assist in the composition, production and distribution of timely, effective, story-driven donor reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Edit donor reports and recurring publications (e.g., Annual Review, Financial Report, Mission 865 Report) for grammar, spelling, style, structure and content according to ministry and industry standards.
- Coach writers on the Jesus Film Project Brand Guide and Jesus Film Project Gospel of Style and provide feedback so writers are growing in their ability to write engaging, story-driven content.
- Fact check content written by the Donor Reporting team to ensure truthful representation of raw material as needed.
- Assist as needed in the editing of report layouts, providing feedback to graphic designer(s) to ensure consistency and excellence in creative vision, design and practice.
- Assist as needed in the selection and/or posting of stories and photos on the internal staff blog.
- Organize and/or provide training opportunities for the writers.
- Meet regularly with the other editors on the team for workload sharing, team strategizing and skills sharpening.
- Uphold and support confidentiality classifications and standards for communications out-of-office.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of the JFP Gospel of Style.
- Help keep Donor Reporting current on industry standards and practices.
- Meet report phase deadlines.
- Work as part of the Donor Reporting team to meet overall report deadlines according to current team procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- AP Style
- Jesus Film Project editorial guidelines
- Editing and proofing for spelling, grammar, syntax, style and story structure
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Ministry organization, operation, policies and objectives
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Coach writers to craft engaging stories of life-change
- Give clear and accurate instructions
- Catch minute details and work towards the big picture
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relations with others
- Learn and apply policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Analyze situations accurately and determine an effective course of action
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Adhere to deadlines and prioritize work accordingly
- Work independently and stay on task with little direction or supervision
- Put the success of the mission above personal interests
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in English writing OR two years professional editing experience in the reporting or publishing field
- Knowledge or experience in mission or intercultural communications (preferred, but not required)
- Experience in nonprofit fund development or marketing (preferred, but not required)