Meetings & Exhibits Assistant
MAIN PURPOSE: The Meetings & Exhibits Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Meetings and Exhibits department, including, sponsorship, meeting logistics, and assisting in various functions taking place during Academy annual meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist Meetings & Exhibits Manager with all communication to corporate sponsors.
- Coordinate year-round sponsorship communications including newsletters, conference calls and webinars, as needed.
- Responsible for data entry within a2z and Association Anywhere software.
- Post all related sponsorship and/or exhibit payments; work with finance to regularly reconcile and resolve any payment discrepancies.
- Maintain records for sponsorship activities.
- Produce weekly performance and forecasting reports.
- Develop reports for corporate sponsors on relevant activities throughout the year.
- Maintain industry meetings calendar.
- Assist Meetings & Exhibits Manager with development and distribution of promotional material.
- Coordinate activities and provide on-site assistance at the Academy's annual meeting.
- Back-up receptionist as needed.
- All other duties assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience of prior sales, meetings and/or trade show experience preferred.
- Degree in hospitality a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with Association Anywhere and a2z software a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Able to provide excellent customer service.
- Minimal travel required.