Utility Billing Clerk
Fun exciting job working with the City; will be doing Administrative work in the Utilities area. Great opportunities with this company.
This is responsible work requiring independent judgment in the processing of the city’s utility billing and accounts receivable transactions in an automated accounting system, including the maintenance of related records and reports. Work is usually performed under the administrative supervision of the Finance Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
• Performs reconciliations according to established procedures to verify proper recording of billings and collections.
• Takes action according to established procedures to attempt collection of delinquent accounts, properly notify delinquent customers of past due amounts, and order shutoff of service when necessary to force payment and avoid further loss.
• This position may serve an essential role in the City’s disaster preparation and/or disaster recovery efforts, as may be designated by the City’s Emergency Manager.
• Act as back up to the Customer Service Representative.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Bookkeeping with the ability to follow established procedures in the use of an automated accounting system and manual record-keeping system.
• Follow guidelines involving the processing of utility billing, collection, and cash receipts transactions in an automated accounting environment.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Licenses, Certifications or Registrations:
• State of Florida driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Background screening required.