Industrial Electrician II - 21202
At Orange County Government, we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness, and professionalism. We develop innovative policies and services that impact Central Florida and shape the future of our community. We have been consistently recognized as a "Top 100 Family Friendly Company," facilitating a healthy work-life balance.
Orange County Utilities provides water resources and solid waste recovery services to protect and enrich the lives of the citizens and guests of Orange County Florida.
Water Division is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Industrial Electrician II. This position is responsible for installing, trouble shooting and repairing new and existing electrical systems at the 23 water facilities in OC Utilities.
- Troubleshoots and repairs equipment on water supply facilities including controls and electrical on heavy industrial equipment including drives, and generators.
- Maintains and troubleshoots large horsepower motors up to 1000HP. Calibrates control equipment to factory specifications including flow meters, pressure transducers, temperature transducers, and vibration sensing equipment.
- Tests and performs preventative and predictive maintenance on motor control systems and AC/DC motors.
- Uses technical manuals and prints to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and instrumentation.
- Assisting in plan review for electrical and instrumentation systems for ne construction projects at water facilities.
State certified or State registered with Orange County as a Master Electrician
Six years of training and graduation from a vocational school or program and 2 years of technical electrical work experience in a commercial or industrial environment
Eight years of technical electrical work experience in a commercial or industrial environment.
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License by date of hire or promotion.
Based on area of assignment, must have the ability to perform in confined spaces and use safety equipment including respirator equipment per Orange County requirements.
Experience in water and wastewater operations and processes planning, organizing and coordinating work and crews.
Experience with operation and maintenance on generators 500kVA and larger.
Working knowledge needed to maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Experience in electronic troubleshooting methods.
Experience maintaining control systems including PLCs.
Experience with medium voltage distribution systems.
Familiar with local Orange County electrical codes.
Applicants selected for hire must successfully complete a background check and physical and drug screening prior to start of employment.
- 10 holidays including 1 floating holiday annually
- 18 days personal time to start, more after 5 years. Rolls over each year starting with up to 432 hours the first year
- 6 days of TERM (sick) time annually
- Low cost medical, dental, vision, additional life insurance, disability
- Free basic life, long term disability, and employee assistance for the all family members effective on day one
- Employee assistance program includes one on one sessions and online tools for legal advice, financial planning, personal life balance, etc.
- Free access to Orlando Magic gyms for the whole family, free access to County Wellworks gyms
- Free onsite coaching, including dietician and nurse
- Earn service time to forgive your student loans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Participation with Florida Retirement System (www.myFRS.com) for either Pension or Investment plan, this includes FREE access to Ernst Young financial planning.
- Optional Deferred compensation through Vanguard
- Free Training and Development courses and series. If you graduate from a series you get to attend a formal ceremony, receive a plaque, and shake hands with the Mayor.
- As an employee you will have access to a variety of discounts from travel and car rentals, to theme park passes, sporting events, electronic purchases, and many more general discount offers.
Time off Accrual
Open Until Filled (Posting is subject to close without prior notice)
Applications noted with See Resume will Not be considered
Applications with the Duties Section not completed will Not be considered
$21.25 - $30.35 Placement based on qualifications.
9150 Curry Ford Road
Orlando, FL 32825
If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, you are responsible for providing the required eligibility documentation by the close date of the posting. Please submit a cover letter and copies of documents, not originals, to Orange County Human Resources Division, PO Box 1393, Orlando, FL 32801-1393 or fax to (407) 836-0098 (only Veterans' Preference documentation will be accepted by fax). Your cover letter should include the position posting number you are applying for, the title of the position and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
If your education was obtained in the United States, the County recognizes degrees or diplomas which are accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). If you have obtained education from a country other than the United States, your degree or diploma must be evaluated to determine the United States equivalency by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluations (AICE) at your expense.