Manager, Marketing- Brand Management Product Strategy
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Partners with Sr. Manager to develop product strategy to support the daily brand management function for the assigned theme park sub brand within Universal Orlando Resorts and all of its offerings. Clearly establishes the assigned theme park as its own immersive experience within the UO destination portfolio. Collaboratively develops marketing plans designed to appeal to targeted audiences, engage them, induce trial and compel repeat visitation as loyal guests.
Under the oversight of the Sr. Manager, leads the development of assigned theme park attraction launches and marquee events that support the broader short and long-term marketing strategy for UO.
Develops new product/services ideas and enhancements to exceed consumer expectations and differentiate the UO brand as well as the assigned theme park sub-brand. Leverages research data and conducts insightful analysis to influence UO leadership to new levels of growth and/or profitability.
May also be assigned to multi theme park initiatives.
- Destination Support: Responsible for maximizing attendance, APV, and repeat visitation to assigned theme park initiatives through fact-based analytics. Meet/exceed performance goals for assigned theme park initiatives. Continuously improve performance of existing initiatives.
- Identify new concepts to drive sales and/or profitability growth. Provide POV on new attractions, events, and broadcast opportunities for marketability, guest appeal, and park brand fit. Provides annual planning input as the assigned theme park subject matter expert.
- Support brand charter strategy and sustainment efforts for the assigned theme park. Establish the assigned theme park as a cant miss UO destination experience. Position the assigned theme park as a significant competitive advantage in the marketplace. Ensure all UO communications are consistent with the assigned theme park sub-brand.
- Implementation Leadership: Collaborate by seeking and leveraging partner input in the development of strategic direction for assigned theme park initiatives. Ensure alignment with Segment Go To Market strategies, Strategy, Insights, Licensed Partners, Resource Management, Product Development and Pricing. Marketing point of contact for key partners: Operations, Revenue Operations, Entertainment, Universal Creative, Finance, and Human Resources. Lead cross-channel implementation of assigned theme park initiatives that add brand equity and profitability such as attraction launches, Marquee Events and cross property celebrations. Oversees key assigned theme park initiative performance. Proactively publish performance Points of View as necessary. Proactive course correction recommendations as necessary.
SCOPE: Develops marketing plans and strategies based on information and analysis resulting from the strategic planning process of Marketing & Sales for UOR. Reports to the Sr. Manager, Brand Management Product Strategy.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or Communications required; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive brand management, marketing experience, and/or strategy experience
- Record of exceeding targets/objectives
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills.
- Strong critical decision-making and communication skills.
- Demonstrated translation of data into implication and implication into strategy.
- Strong understanding of consumer and brand research.
- Cross-functional leadership expertise in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Self-starter with ability to maintain poise when dealing with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively improve processes and procedures.
- Experience presenting to and working with executives.
- Expertise in developing cohesive, engaging, concise, fact-based presentations.
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience
- Marketing analytics development and reporting.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE