Manager- Senior Program - Education & Mental Health
JOB TITLE: Sr. Program Manager of Education & Mental Health
LOCATION: Orlando, Florida
SUPERVISES: HS/EHS/CCP/EXP Program Manager, Senior Preschool Education Specialist, Senior Infant Toddler Education Specialist, and Site Supervisors
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provides oversight of Early Childhood Development, Education, Mental Health and Disabilities for the HS/EHS/CCP programs. Keeps the Agency on the forefront of emergent issues for young children. Assures integration, coordination and accountability to ensure the children have a safe, nurturing, secure, and quality-learning environment as required in the Head Start Program Performance Standards Subpart C, 1302.30-1302.36.
Assists with the development and implementation of staff development plans, training, and technical assistance. Provides innovative solutions to effective teaching methods preparing children ready for school.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Directs and shapes the curricula and teaching processes in the HS/EHS/CCP classrooms. Work with educational committees, multi-disciplinary teams and advisory groups within the community to develop the most appropriate curricula and standards to meet the needs of enrolled children.
Provides oversight for multiple childcare facilities subcontracting within Orange, Osceola and Seminole Counties. Works with Site Supervisors, Directors, and Owners to ensure program sites comply with licensing and Head Start regulations. Site visits include, but are not limited to, playground safety checks, reviewing classroom folders/anecdotal notes, and conducting classroom observations to assure that the curriculum is being followed.
Ensures Education Specialists conduct monthly monitoring of each site, review monitoring reports and discussing findings and action plans. Works in concert with the Program Manager, Quality Assurance Coordinator and the Education Specialists to coordinate the scheduling and content of Pre-Service, In-Service, and Cluster training, and in developing school-year training calendars.
Recruits, trains, and leads a team of Teachers, Site Supervisors, Education Specialists and support staff; setting clear expectations and accountability for attaining child outcomes. Provides direct oversight and assists in the training and technical assistance (T&TA) of the Site Supervisors, teaching teams, including child assessment procedures, such as how to use the My Teaching Strategies web-based assessment program. Ensures that mandated assessment reports are submitted on or before due date.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Knowledge of business and management principles. Specific knowledge in Early Childhood Education, behavioral objectives, and writing/ creating curriculum.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills to communicate Agency information effectively.
- Must be capable of working under pressure.
- Ability to supervise and manage the performance of others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited university or college with a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Development or Education, Special Education or closely related field.
- Four (4)+ years experience working in the field of Early Childhood Education at the pre-kindergarten level.
- Four (4)+ years supervisory/management experience including two (2)+ years of multi-site experience.
- Two (2)+ years Head Start experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License and daily access to reliable transportation to and from work and for travel to off-site locations. Possession of a current Department of Children and Families (DCF) Director’s Credential or obtained within 6 months of hire. Possession of Reliable CLASS Observer certification or obtained within 12 months of hire.