At the YMCA of Central Florida we are committed to improving the lives of individuals and families by taking the initiative on healthy living. Explore being part of an organization where you can truly realize your talents and interests in an array of positions, all focused on helping others and making a difference.
The Roper YMCA Family Center in Winter Garden is seeking a dynamic Personal Trainer to join our team. S/he will provide our members with access to personalized Y health and prevention programs. This individual will cultivate member relationships and provide a high level customer service experience. They will help improve membership retention while building a client base to support personal and organizational revenue growth. This individual will also provide clients with motivation and goals through feedback and assessments that support their personal objectives.
Be part of something BIGGER at the Y!
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelors in related field preferred.
- Current Personal Training certification required; accepted through: ACSM, NSCA, NASM, WITS, ACE, ISSA or a 4-year degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or Physical Therapy.
- Experience working in a wellness or personal training role.
- Previous customer service experience working in a health club, spa, or healthcare industry a plus.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting.and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees and discounted rate for household.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals! The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.