This position is located at our Heathrow, FL campus.
Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for Director of Foundation, Finance & Operations from candidates with sharp accounting skills and previous experience in a not-for-profit or Foundation like setting.
This position leads and oversees General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Investments, Capital Projects Accounting, Grants Accounting, and Accounts Receivable in the Foundation for Seminole State College. Monitors federal and state regulations; College and Foundation policies and procedures to ensure safekeeping and proper record keeping of financial resources. Supervises a team with functional responsibility for accounting.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance from an accredited institution.
2. Six years of progressively responsible experience in the field of accounting, including three years of experience in not-for-profit, governmental, or college/university accounting.
3. Two years of supervisory experience.
4. Extensive knowledge of Excel and MS Word software.
1. Master’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance from an accredited institution.
2. Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
3. Eight or more years of progressively responsible experience in finance, accounting or related field.
4. Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge.
5. Experience working in the Florida College System.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.