Claims Adjuster Senior
Now hiring Sr. Claims Adjusters - Recognized as a Top Workplace 10 years in a row by the Tampa Bay Times!
As a Sr. claims adjuster, you'll investigate public adjuster and attorney represented property insurance claims accurately and efficiently. Primarily over the phone, you'll interview insureds, public adjusters, and attorneys while inspecting damage. Analyzing coverage and damages for daily perils, you'll provide top-notch customer service, interpret policies, determine liability and negotiate settlements.
Essential Job Functions
The essential duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of those required on the job. Incumbents may perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Determines insurance coverage.
- Examines and appropriately interprets insureds' policies, forms in force, and other records.
- Interviews, telephones, and corresponds with insureds and other parties.
- Approves and adjusts estimates of damage and loss amounts.
- Determines extent of company's liability.
- Interviews, telephones, or corresponds with insureds and witnesses.
- Uses varying methods of investigation, including taking recorded statements, consulting with police, inspecting property damage, and reviewing documents.
- Identifies and communicates potential underwriting concerns.
- Estimates cost of repair, replacement, or compensation.
- Sets appropriate case reserves; revises case reserves in assigned files to cover probable costs.
- Manages diaries and tasks in the Claims System.
- Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement.
- Prepares settlement letters, denial letters, Reservation of Rights, and other letters needed.
- Writes clear and concise diary notes, uses the Special Handling area, sets field assignments, sets and saves contacts, and makes payments.
- Recognizes the need for SIU involvement and identifies files for potential subrogation.
- Appropriately applies knowledge of multiple state statutes, including the insurance code of ethics, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Determines whether a file has a valid Assignment of Benefits and handles accordingly.
- Effectively handles difficult calls from customers, attorneys, public adjusters, vendors, and others.
- Sets mediation or appraisal when needed.
- Recommends litigation strategies to the legal department when needed. Attends litigation triage meetings, mediations, and Examinations under Oath when appropriate.
- Assists with or leads technical interviews to assist various claims leaders in their candidate selection process.
- Serves as a technical subject matter expert for the department. Proactively works with leadership to leverage subject matter expertise in the manner most beneficial for other ASI employees.
Knowledge, skills/abilities listed below are the requirements needed to be proficient in the job.
- Willingness to work flexible shifts, 7 days per week with 12-hour shifts for major catastrophes, and overtime as needed for claim spikes.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, pay attention to details, think through problems logically, apply high-school-level math skills, and make appropriate decisions.
- Possesses strong English vocabulary, basic grammar skills, and professional decorum. Writing is clear and easy-to-read. Bi-lingual skills helpful.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates active listening skills through effective use of questions, reflection, and empathy.
- Demonstrates a bias toward exceptional customer service; experience providing customer service preferred.
- Possesses strengths in negotiation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word required. Proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Adjuster 620 License required.
- Basic knowledge of residential construction, roofing, and repair techniques strongly preferred.
- Experience preparing repair estimates in Xactimate (or another software package) and interpreting estimates using unit pricing.
Education and/or experiences listed below are the minimum requirements for job entry.
- Bachelor's degree; four years of prior work experience with a history of high performance within financial services, customer service, construction, property management, or related field; or some combination thereof. Minimum three years of claims experience required, five preferred. Property and casualty experience required.
Benefits & Perks:
As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. As a company committed to our employees, its not surprising that we offer great benefits that include:
- Paid training, tuition assistance and career development.
- Diverse, welcoming culture.
- Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off and a 401K plan that is 100% vested!