We are seeking Part-time Swim Coaches at our Rosen YMCA Aquatic Center located on International Drive in Orlando, Florida. They provide excellent customer service, oversees the swim team and assisting with the production of a quality swim team program and performs administrative functions. This individual creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with the YMCA of Central Florida policies and procedures.
S/he should have flexible availability to work during peak times of business, including early mornings, evenings and weekends. Learn, grow and thrive with a career at the YMCA of Central Florida!
- Perform assigned coaching responsibilities, including practices, recruiting, record-keeping and scheduling.
- Lead swimmers through skill mastery and swim practices to achieve higher level of technique.
- Teach participants how to perform skills correctly.
- Design tailored workouts for the various levels of abilities and strengths using ASCA I Level Guidelines.
- Coordinate and set up swim meets.
- Collaborate with parents and members to secure volunteers to assist in running swim meets. Supervise swim meets, including warm-ups, practice dives, etc., to ensure the safety of the swimmers.
- Coordinate and schedule times for swim practices with Aquatics Director or Aquatics Coordinator.
- Communicate practice times with Family Center staff, members and parents.
- Greet and develop effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Assist in the retention of existing members and engagement of new members by informing them of the Family Center aquatic programs, including Safe Start lap swimming, swim lessons, swim team and group exercise classes.
- Perform equipment checks and ensure appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Know, understand and consistently apply safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
To be successful, you must meet education, training and experience requirements, and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred. Previous swim coaching experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Current YMCA Swim Coach or USA Swim Coach (for specialty such as USA Registered Water Polo, Synchro or Diving) certification required.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard/YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant or Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification required.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employee, and discount household rate
- Career growth and enrichment opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.