Are you able to provide an outstanding customer service experience? Are you effective in achieving sales goals and motivating a staff team to do the same? Are you ready for the next step in your career with one of the most progressive and innovative non-profit organizations in Central Florida?
The Downtown Orlando YMCA Family Center is seeking a Full-time Membership Services Supervisor as the early mornings opener to join our front line team. The incumbent must have flexible availability to work varied shifts based on operation needs; including early mornings week days at 4:45 AM.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Supervises various aspects of membership for the Downtown Y including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff. S/he implements operational procedures and methods to achieve family center’s strategic goals.
- Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Is responsible for generating revenue and or monitoring expenses according to department budget.
- Provides input on performance evaluations and submits recommendations to department director for review and final approval.
- Observes and participates in the hiring and selection of staff under close supervision of the department director.
- Initiates counseling and disciplinary actions under the close supervision of the department director.
- Prepares and coordinates employee work schedules.
- Trains and orients new employees.
- Participates in quality improvement and fundraising initiatives.
- Verifies work hours of employees and submits timesheets to department director for approval.
- Provides input into the development of procedures and systems for the department.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan.
- YMCA membership for employee, and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Career enrichment and advancement opportunities.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.