Job ID 701767BR
Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States
Business Walt Disney World Resort
Date posted Sep. 04, 2019
Signature Culinary Cast Members at the Walt Disney World® Resort have the opportunity to provide fine dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies. These Culinary Cast Members experience a world of options in our Hotels and Theme Parks, encompassing cuisines from around the world including Five-Diamond dining.
Culinary Cook 1 Signature Restaurant roles receive a starting rate of $17.00/hour.
Culinary Cook 1 Signature Restaurant will be eligible for our new starting rate of $18.00/hour effective 09/29/2019
The Walt Disney World® Resort is searching for a talented Culinary Cook 1 Signature Restaurant (Advanced Line Cook at a Fine Dining Restaurant)-who’s looking to push themselves to the next level in their career with our advanced culinary team.
Picture yourself as an Advanced Line Cook at a Fine Dining Restaurant where you would have the opportunity to:
- Provide fine dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies
- Grow in your craft through continual learning and development alongside our advanced culinary team with years of experience in the industry
- Help generate dishes from scratch for a variety of locations throughout property at fine dining restaurants encompassing a diverse offering of cuisines from around the world
- Work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment where collaboration is essential to success
Locations may include: California Grill, Citricos, Flying Fish, Jiko, Le Cellier, Narcoossee’s, Summer House at Golden Oak, Tiffins, The Hollywood Brown Derby, Victoria & Albert’s and Yachtsmans Steakhouse.
Recipe for Success
- Show strong attention-to-detail, organizational, retention and problem-solving skills even while working under a sense of urgency and with quality ingredients
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly to ensure smooth service operations and quality service
- Proven knowledge of HACCP, proper food handling techniques, temperatures and food safety
- Must have superior culinary, food production and high standards of excellence, including the ability to work cleanly, safely and efficiently
- Possess proficiency in all stations of the line, including grill and sauté, as well as skills with knives, tools and kitchen equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to follow recipes and an understanding of recipe conversion
- Awareness of modern and classical cooking, including specialized culinary techniques and measurements, and possess the ability to propose menu items
- Knowledge of basic butchering, food allergies, seasonal ingredients and menus
- Have a minimum 3 years of line cook experience or culinary certification plus 2 years of line cook experience at a table service establishment - Fine Dining experience is a plus!
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Preferred Qualifications:
How to Rise Above the Rest
- Bilingual preferred
- H.A.C.C.P. (food safety training) certified
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING, Advanced Line Cook, Culinary, Cook