SPORTS COORDINATOR, FULL-TIME (Non-exempt / Hourly)
Are you looking to pursue a career in sports management? Discover how a position at the YMCA of Central Florida can help you in your pursuit of realizing your leadership potential and be part of something bigger!
We have an exciting Full-time Sports Coordinator opportunity at the YMCA Horizons West location. Under the direction and leadership of the Program Director, this individual will lead a staff team and execute a variety of YMCA sports programs, including organize and manage sport set up, clean up and participate in activities necessary to deliver a quality sports experience to our members. S/he will work effectively with the Director and staff in the organization of all competitive sports and instructional programs. This individual must accept and demonstrate our YMCA core values and demonstrate a desire to serve others. The incumbent provides players, parents and coaches with feedback, coaching, guidance and support. S/he takes initiative to meet, greet and assist others.
This individual works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. S/he must have a good work ethic, punctuality and reliable attendance. S/he assists in the supervision of the department staff and ensure they are always following all safety and policy regulations. S/he will lead staff to support sports initiatives to achieve program retention goals. This individual may work hours as needed in a referee capacity. Individuals must have flexible availability to work a varied schedule based on business needs that may include, week days, evenings, and weekends.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required; sports management, recreation management, physical education or related field of study preferred. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years experience in a sports related field required.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience required, health and wellness industry preferred.
- Minimum 1 year referee experience required.
- Must have general knowledge and understanding of league rules as they apply to the sports being played.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- CPR/AED certified
- First Aid certified
- YMCA sports or operations experience a plus.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Career growth opportunities with one of the largest and most innovative YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.