At the YMCA of Central Florida we are committed to improving the lives of individuals and families by taking the initiative on healthy living. Our Roper YMCA Family Center in Winter Garden is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as a Wellness Coach.
This individual will provide our members with access to personalized Y health and prevention programs, such as our Y Diabetes Prevention Program. S/he will cultivate member relationships by providing a high level customer service experience, and improve retention while building a client base to support personal and organizational revenue growth. This individual will engage members by interacting with them on the wellness floor, supporting the general membership, and completing a schedule for cleaning equipment each shift. S/he should be able to work part-time hours with flexible availability based on business needs; that may include early mornings, week days, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Wellness, Personal training or customer service experience required.
- Previous customer service experience working in a health club, spa, or healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting.and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees and household.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.