POSITION NAME: SITE SUPERVISOR, YMCA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PROGRAMS
STATUS: FULL-TIME / HOURLY
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Assists in a variety of functions including communication, planning, marketing and evaluation of the Before and/or After School programs at a School site. The Site Supervisor supports participation and retention by assisting in the planning and execution of Before and/or After School programs to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all students and parents.
- Provide direction, rules and supervision of the program activities and After School Counselors within the assigned School site.
- Assist the Program Director in the planning of the daily activities that fit the student’s needs and interests to build healthy lifestyles. Ensure that YMCA Character Traits are evident in all activities.
- Support the retention of School participation through excellent quality programming and maintaining the requirements of average daily attendance. Work toward positive parent/staff relations to ensure satisfaction with programming.
- Participate in coordinator committees for quality after school programming, such as character development, arts and crafts, sports, summer camp, etc.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, by keeping within mandated ratios to ensure the operation of a quality School program.
- Responsible for generating revenue and or monitoring expenses according to department budget.
- Collect and process participants’ fees as outlined in YMCA Dues and Fees Agreement. Complete all paperwork with accuracy and within deadlines.
- Gathers, enters and/or updates data to maintain department records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for operations.
- Monitors and coordinates accounting activities as appropriate.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed for sign-in/out of students on a daily basis.
- Maintain required certification and background screening compliance for all staff.
- Assist the Program Director in acting as a liaison between the YMCA of Central Florida and School Administration.
- Prepares and coordinates employee work schedules.
- Verifies work hours of employees and submits timesheets to department manager for approval.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure timely and accurate communication. Attend all staff meetings and YMCA trainings as required.
- Provides input on performance evaluations and submits recommendations to department manager for review and final approval.
- Initiates counseling and disciplinary actions under the close supervision of the department manager.
- Participates in a Quality Team or Fundraising initiative.
- Provides input into the development of procedures and systems for the department.
- Performs essential administrative and/or communication functions for the site.
- Assist the Program Director in recruitment and hiring of new staff.
- Assist the Program Director in actively marketing the School program by utilizing available marketing tools to increase participation goals. Utilize available technology, reporting tools and data that enhance program participation and retention.
- Report all accidents/incidents to the Supervisor, and follow risk procedures as outlined in YMCA policy. Report all suspicions of child abuse to proper contacts as outlined in YMCA policy.
- The YMCA prohibits from taking photos or videos of participants in their care or in any Y program without the direct permission from the YMCA Association Office and parental consent.
- Follow medication and food allergy policy.
- Remain up to date on emergency procedures, as well as Family Center and School policies.
- Report any suspicions of child abuse as required by Florida State Law and immediately notify Supervisor.
- Prepare monthly newsletters, calendars and schedules. Participate in special events and fundraising projects.
- Maintain the quality and inventory of the supplies, equipment and materials used in the School program.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies and equipment.
- Direct or assist in the daily maintenance of the school and YMCA facility area, ensuring safety and cleanliness.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in formal child care curriculum and programming, school age experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Salesforce experience a plus.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities with the nation’s most valuable and recognized non-profit brands.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.