Share your talents. Be a role model. Make a difference in a child’s life today! At the YMCA of Central Florida you have the opportunity to do just that!
Our Roper Y in Winter Garden, Florida is seeking dependable youth mentors as Lead / Co-Teachers within our Child Development department. Not to be mistaken as a babysitting job, this is a unique opportunity within the Y Family Center to impact the lives of children in Central Florida. Our child development staff have the rewarding job of working with children about values, helping them learn to read and keeping them active and healthy through daily fitness activities.
Individuals should have open availability to work during peak times of business, including morning shifts. The Y is open 7 days a week, and shifts may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and some holidays. Co-Teachers will assist in the planning and implementing of activities that fit the children’s needs and interests! A flexible schedule is preferred based on operations needs; that may include early morning, week days, evenings, and weekends.
Education, Training and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have one year of child care experience
- Must possess or be willing to obtain current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Follow through actions regarding communication with all parents.
- Must exhibit patience and understanding.
- Receives and follows detailed instructions.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- Must be capable of working closely with all levels of management and under minimal supervision.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical activities of this position include: stooping, kneeling, and repetitive motions. The incumbent must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 50 lbs. The individual may work both indoors and outdoors in this position
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for spouse and dependents
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.