Assistant Medical Director
Orange County, Florida is home to a diverse population of over 1,000,000 residents spanning approximately 1,000 square miles. Beautiful year round mild weather, sunshine, world famous attractions, community and cultural events, plenty of outdoor activities, and miles of nearby beaches help make Orange County a great place to live and work.
Orange County is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity. The Health Services Divsion for Corrections is seeking a motivated, high energy, self-starter to serve in the role of Assistant Medical Director. This position is responsible for assuring quality medical care is provided to the inmates at Orange County Corrections. The incumbent will supervise and manage the professional medical staff at Orange County Corrections Health Service and will also be responsible for assisting the Medical Director in all administrative functions
- Supervises the professional medical staff at Orange County Corrections Health Services including the Physicians, Dentist, Psychiatrist, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- Responsible for scheduling of the Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, ARNP protocols, oversight of daily sick call, use of formulary, quality assurance and medical record reviews.
- Assists the Medical Director in administrative functions including personnel issues, provider scheduling and peer review.
- Participates in policy development and clinical protocol/treatment guidelines.
- Collects, reviews and analyzes data for outcome studies. Compiles various statistical reports.
- Performs medical assessment, consultations and treatments to the inmates. Conducts sick calls and chronic care clinics. Orders, reviews and responds to all lab work and test results.
- Provides educational presentations to staff and Providers including the annual mandatory trainings.
- Performs other duties of comparable level as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of medicine and possession of a current license to practice medicine in the State of Florida as required by the State of Florida Department of Health.
Completed residency training in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine from an ACGME approved training Board.
Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine through an ABMS approved Board.
Three years experience in the practice of internal, Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine.
Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida plus five years of experience in Correctional Medicine.
- Prior Correctional experience
- Urgent/Emergency care experience
- Prior leadership or Administrative Experience
Open until filled
Subject to close without notice
Pay Grade Range: $$155,334 - $247,499 annually
Based on qualifications and Orange County Policy
If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, you are responsible for providing the required eligibility documentation by the close date of the posting. Please submit a cover letter and copies of documents, not originals, to Orange County Human Resources Division, PO Box 1393, Orlando, FL 32801-1393 or fax to (407) 836-0098 (only Veterans' Preference documentation will be accepted by fax). Your cover letter should include the position posting number you are applying for, the title of the position and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
If your education was obtained in the United States, the County recognizes degrees or diplomas which are accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). If you have obtained education from a country other than the United States, your degree or diploma must be evaluated to determine the United States equivalency by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluations (AICE) at your expense.