Network Systems Technology Instructor
Full-time (9-month) faculty position to teach hybrid (online and face-to-face) courses in basic and advanced concepts of network operations, support and security for both vocational and college credit. Position starts immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides learning in the teaching discipline and related courses at various campuses and centers.
- Assists in curriculum development, creating learning activities and implementing assessment and planning.
- Works a basic work week of forty (40) hours which includes classroom instruction, office hours for student conferences, preparation/research and other professional activities.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, college-wide academic meetings, and official functions scheduled by the administration. Serves on college committees as assigned.
- Evaluates student learning outcomes and objective achievement, maintaining and reporting information as prescribed by college policies and procedures; supervises students and resolves classroom problems.
- Maintains appropriate credentials and current knowledge of developments and teaching strategies in the discipline/program areas taught. Participates in professional development activities including, but not limited to: workshops and conferences; membership in professional organizations; self-improvement course work and activities.
- Participates in and supports faculty and student activities. Maintains good relationships with community agencies and groups, participating when appropriate.
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SFSC is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Educational: Master's degree from a regionally-accredited institution in Computer Science, Network Security, or related field (or 18 graduate semester hours in Computer Science, Network Security, or related field and a Master's degree) required; Doctorate preferred.
Please submit unofficial copies of your transcripts for review. You will be allowed to do this during the application process or you may login in at a later time and upload them as "additional documents".
Experiential: A minimum of two-years work experience in computer technology or other directly related field required. Post-secondary teaching and distance learning experience strongly preferred.
Instructional Supervisor: Chair, Business and Information Technologies
Original Posting Date: January 3, 2020 Revised: August 20, 2020
Starting Annual Salary Range: with a Master's degree $38,912-$43,581; with a Master's degree + 30-$40,492-$45,351; with a Doctorate-$43,412-$48,621.
Open until filled
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State College
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please visit https://sfsc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=119436