Child Care Teacher - Early Childhood Development
Ladybird Academy is the leader in preschool experience in Central Florida. We have been voted #1 Childcare Center for the last 4 years in a row. We pride ourselves in early education and quality childcare experiences for children aged 6 weeks through Pre-K and after school care.
Ladybird Academy of Winter Springs is currently seeking professional, experienced early childhood educators with a passion for influencing the development of children's minds and providing the best child care experience to children and families in the Winter Springs/ Oviedo area.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- The Teacher will supervise children at all times maintaining a secure, safe environment for children to play and learn in.
- Child Care Teacher will assist Lead Teachers with lesson plan preparation and implementation, supervision and care of children, room management and family communication
- The Teacher will assist in completing necessary classroom reports and assessments.
- As the Child Care Teacher you must prepare daily reports for each child in your classroom.
- Attend staff meetings outside of work hours.
- Provide positive feedback to parents.
- Prepare Ages and Stages (ASQ's) reports on children whose parents provide permission.
- Adhere to proceedings and regulations with the DCF.
- Change diapers / toilet train children where necessary.
- Teacher cleans rooms and sterilizes toys
- Always comply with the presentation requirements set by the company.
- Child Care Teacher will attend ongoing training to keep education and regulations up to date.
Required Qualifications for Child Care Teacher:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have Early Childhood Education experience
- Must meet state's education criteria
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Must have reliable transportation
- CDA or willingness to obtain.
- CPR and First Aid (can be obtained during job training)
- School bus driving experience
- Must be able to adapt to continuously changing, fast-paced environment, and make the children's need the primary focus.
- Must be an educator. Ladybird Academy is an educational facility and prides itself on teaching and educating children preparing them for the next stage in their lives.
- Must be able to fully engage in physical activity including lifting up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to kneel, squat, stoop, crawl, lift, push, and pull.
- Must be able to engage in activities including but limited to jumping, dancing, and running, walking, hopping, and skipping.
Job Type: We are looking for both FT and PT staff. Full time, 35 per week position. Hours vary depending on position and needs of the school but applicants must be available between the hours of 6:30am and 6:30pm. Part Time must be available on a consistent schedule Monday through Friday.