Nursing Assistant - South Lake Hosp - Skilled Nursing - Varies
Department: South Lake Skilled Nursing Unit
Status: Pool/Per Diem
The Certified Nursing Assistant (SNF) Performs general resident care to residents under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- Must be able to demonstrate reading, verbal and written communication, mathematical, and reasoning skills.
- Training to successfully pass CNA licensure examination.
- Maintains current Florida CNA license renewed every two years.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- May be required to maintain a valid Florida drivers license and must be insurable under the Orlando Health insurance carriers requirements and standards.
- Assists residents with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
- Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized resident environment.
- Maintains safety and security of residents, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assures resident privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
- Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between residents.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of residents.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent resident information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
- Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the residents condition to the LPN/RN and/or other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in handoff report and purposeful hourly rounding of residents.
- Provides exceptional service and or care to all residents, families, customers and team members.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
- Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
- Receives and processes incoming phone calls, resident call lights and guest requests.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
Depending on assignment, may be responsible for the following transport duties:
- Transports residents and/or staff for appoints or events.
- Observes residents behavior while riding the bus or van and reports as needed.
- Documents and retains all receipts from tolls, gas charges, repairs, and monthly trip log to submit to Accounting monthly.
- Reports all incidents/accidents immediately; reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions/equipment immediately.
- Ensures the vehicles are in safe condition for transport.
- Recommends to the Director of Plant Operations the vehicles maintenance needs (i.e., new tires, oil changes, brake inspections).
- Assures that all residents are free from personal, physical, and mental abuse during transport.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
- Participates in nursing Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, resident rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Attends facility, unit staff meetings and in-services according to policy.
- Completes all mandatory training.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care based on principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the residents status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each residents requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
ADDRESS: 2145 N Don Wickham Drive Clermont FL 34711
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.