OR Registered Nurse Inpatient -St. Cloud Hospital - PACU Dept. 1st Shift
Situated in the heart of St. Cloud, Florida, Orlando Health St. Cloud Hospital (formerly St. Cloud Regional Medical Center) has served the residents of the surrounding Osceola County communities for more than 50 years. As a community hospital, Orlando Health St. Cloud provides quality, compassionate healthcare in a friendly, comfortable setting and convenient location.
An 84-bed, acute care hospital, Orlando Health St. Cloud offers comprehensive emergency, inpatient and outpatient care, with specialties including cardiology, critical care, infectious disease, orthopedics, radiology and full surgical services plus outpatient Rehabilitation Services and a Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Center. Our expert medical team includes skilled, board-certified physicians representing a broad range of medical and surgical specialties to provide for all your healthcare needs.
St. Cloud Hospital, a part of Orlando Health, is currently seeking a Perioperative Nurse (Registered Nurse) with Recovery Room (PACU) and/or Critical Care experience that will provide direct patient care in a Perioperative setting.
For Team Members hired into this job prior to January 1, 2020: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
Effective January 1, 2020: New Hires and Team Members moved into this job and/or transferring Depts. must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement
Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing educational
Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department
- Current RN license in the State of Florida renewed every two years
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain area
- One (1) year RN experience required. One (1) year Recovery Room or Critical Care experience required. Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required. Must meet perioperative specific performance competencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific needs
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Standards of Care and Practice
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition to other health care team members
- Collects and assesses patient health data guided by the application of knowledge of physiological and psychological principles and experience, which is essential to establishing a nursing diagnosis and predicting outcomes