Sonographer (Pool) - Horizon West Radiology - Varies - Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital
The newly opened Orlando Health Emergency Room Horizon West includes 24 patient rooms and provides state-of-the-art emergency care by board-certified ER physicians and a highly skilled clinical team, caring for adults and children 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Provides quality patient care when performing diagnostic sonographic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention.
Associates in applied science and graduate of an accredited school of sonography and meets American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) eligibility guidelines.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) registered through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certificate.
- Maintains current AIDS certification.
Knowledge of routine ultrasound procedures which may include invasive procedures such as biopsies, amniocentesis, thoracentesis, breast cyst aspiration, and breast localization, and knowledge of Doppler, 3D/4D, and pediatric sonography.
- Works closely with Radiologist to perform diagnostic sonographic exams.
- Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
- Adheres to Orlando Health mission statements and commitment to excellence standards.
- Assesses the patients physical condition and age specific needs.
- Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.