Administrative Supervisor Pool/Per Diem - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital - Day Shift
Department: DPH ADMINISTRATION NURSING
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand Lake Hospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents of Southwest Orange County and Orlandos growing tourist population. In addition to a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Specialize in Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an international reputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility serving the needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supported by a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renowned physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilities further with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce.
The Administrative Supervisor facilitates timely and safe patient flow and provides off-shift management and operational oversight of the acute care hospital setting, and ensures the provision of safe, quality patient care.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required.
- Current professional license as a registered nurse in the State of Florida. National Certification in specialty area within six (6) months.
- Maintains current BLS; as determined by specialty area ACLS, PALS, NALS, or TNCC is required.
- Two (2) years of experience as a registered nurse in the acute care setting and one (1) year leadership experience.
- Serves as a clinical resource agent to nursing units and allied health departments for problem solving, within a given shift.
- Ensures safe and timely patient flow throughout the facility and coordinates intrasystem transfers.
- Participates in clinical observation and assessment for patients as needed to determine appropriate level of care/patient placement.
- Provides oversight of staffing resources in coordination with department leadership and the corporate staffing office.
- Ensures a visible and collegial leadership presence throughout the facility and shift.
- Serves as a first responder for all emergency code events and house alerts.
- Completes documentation per shift for patient census, events and flow outcomes; proficiently operating databases, bed management programs, and the electronic health record.
- Serves as a leadership resource for Orlando Health policy, procedure, legal and risk issues, and compliance with regulatory standards and accrediting agencies.
- Responds/resolves team member, patient, family member, and provider concerns and provides follow-up with appropriate individuals.
- Provides support, education, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
- Assists personnel and families in all circumstances that surround death of a patient; facilitating arrangements for autopsies, organ/tissue donation and/or verification of referrals to the Medical Examiner.
- Serves as the central intake for patient matters concerning the American Disability Act, language and/or cultural issues; facilitating assistance as needed within the facility.
- Manages human resource related functions; not limited to interviewing, onboarding, evaluating personnel, reinforcing expectations with standards for care and /or conduct and issuing corrective actions.
- Provides crisis management support and coordinates follow-up actions with the Administrator -on-Call (AOC).
- Serves as the Incident Commander for all HICS events until the hospital administrator arrives on the scene.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
Communication and Relationship Building
- Effective Communication: proficient in oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Relationship Management: demonstrates collaborative and collegial relationship skills, engages staff in decision making and exhibits effective conflict resolution skills.
- Influencing Behaviors: inspires desired behaviors, manages undesired behaviors and promotes decisions that are patient centered.
- Diversity: values diversity and establishes a work environment that is culturally competent.
- Community Relationships: represents the organization as a resource to non-health care constituents within the community.
Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment
- Clinical Practice Knowledge: demonstrates knowledge of current nursing practice, roles and functions of team members, patient care policies and procedures, and state and federal standards.
- Evidence Based Practice and Patient Care Outcomes: Uses data and other sources of evidence to inform decision making and to interpret outcome measures.
- Patient Safety & Team Member Safety: Supports a Zero Harm Environment and a Just Culture; responding and acting on safety recommendations.
- Performance Improvement: participates in Gemba board reviews and process improvement work; internalizing ones role in achieving optimal outcomes for the patient and organization.
- Risk Management: ensures compliance with required standards and facilitate timely reporting of liability issues.
- Foundational Thinking Skills: demonstrates reflective practice and an understanding that all leadership begins from within; applying critical analysis to organizational issues after a review of the evidence.
- Systems Thinking: uses knowledge of classic and contemporary systems thinking in problem solving and decision making.
- Change Management: utilizes change management concept and adapts leadership style to situation need.
- Personal and Professional Accountability: acts as a role model for standards of professional practice (clinical, educational and leadership) for colleagues and constituents.
- Ethics & Advocacy: upholds ethical principles and corporate compliance standards and involves team members in decisions that affect their practice.
- Human Resource Management: promotes a healthful work environment and ensures compliance with legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Resource Management: ensures appropriate utilization of supplies and materials and staffing resources.
- Information and Technology: proficiently uses technology and databases to support improvement of clinical, safety and fiscal performance.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.