Directs the dealership's financial planning and accounting practices, as well as its relationship with lending institutions, shareholders and the financial community by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
- Oversees and directs treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, real estate and insurance activities for the dealership.
- Works closely with the dealer on long-range planning, cash management and funds allocation.
- Maintains relationships with financial institutions on matters of lines of credit and funds management.
- Analyzes, consolidates and directs all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the dealership's policies and operations.
- Directs the controller in providing and managing the procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the dealership's annual report.
- Appraises the dealership's financial position and issues periodic financial and operating reports.
- Maintains close working relationships with accountants to ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and maintenance of a dealership financial structure designed to minimize tax liabilities.
- Maintains close working relationship with legal counsel to ensure that all dealership financial activities are properly conducted, documented and reported.
- Assists the dealer and general manager with cash flow management by working with the controller to follow contracts-in-transit, accounts receivable and purchaser loan payoffs.
- Assists the general manager in preparing financial projections and budgets for each retail facility.
- Negotiates relationships with insurers to provide insurance coverage and other benefits.
- Represents the dealer as a personal agent within the dealership and at functions outside the dealership.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 3-5 years in a current CFO role with multiple dealership
- DMS selection and implementation experience; experience with using different DMS platforms, a plus
- Previous dealership management, a plus
- CPA not required but preferred