The Social Media Specialist will be responsible to implement and manage the social media strategy and marketing campaigns for all dealerships, develop brand awareness, engage sales and service customers, generate inbound traffic, leads and sales. The Social Media Specialist must be highly motivated with a passion for content strategy, blogging and community participation leadership and be an avid automotive enthusiast. This position is a full time hourly position with benefits.
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities.
- Develop relevant, organic and inspiring content to reach new customers and keep existing customers engaged.
- Manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Develop social media content consistent with the company’s Buy Smart - Be Happy brand identity.
- Manage a high volume of daily social media posts.
- Communicate with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with marketing team for cross-promotions.
- Develop, coordinate and manage events, promotions and programs in collaboration with our automotive dealerships that support our social media efforts and showcase our community involvement.
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI). Analyze campaigns and translate data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
- Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Stay up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Skills, Abilities and Experience Required:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Possesses excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to automotive retailing.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Has a strong interest in the automotive industry.
- Displays a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to their work and is able to deliver results.
- Takes personal ownership of their role; possesses a strong can-do attitude and seeks to find new, innovative solutions.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects both with and without a team.
- 1-3 years of social media experience. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Please provide examples of social media accounts managed and content posted.