Nursing Assistant - ORMC Flex Pool - DAY
Department: ORMC Clinical Support
Status: Variable Full Time
OrlandoRegional Medical Center (ORMC) is an 808-bed hospital in downtown Orlandoand the flagship medical center of Orlando Health. For more than 100 years,ORMC has provided the most advanced options available for surgical, medical,rehabilitative and emergency care. Today, through our state-of-the-arttechnology and leading medical specialists, we provide a comprehensivecontinuum of care for trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology,surgery and orthopedic patients. ORMC is proud to be home to Central Florida'sonly Level One Trauma Center, which sees more than 85,000 patients per yearincluding 3,400 major trauma cases. ORMCs life-saving surgical and medicalcare is available, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. ORMC is also home to theareas only air ambulance service. The Air Care Team, founded in 1985, iscomprised of three medical helicopters that service a 90-mile radius thatincludes 10 counties in Central Florida. Since its inception, the Air Care Teamhas flown over 19,000 patients and 1.2 million accident-free miles on theirrescue and transport missions.
The ORMCFlex Pool provides competent, supplemental staffing resources in the formof Registered Nurses, Nursing Assistants, Patient Care Sitter/Feeders,Telemetry Monitor Technicians, and Student Nurse Interns to all units withinthe adult population of ORMC. Staffing needs are assessed a minimum of everyshift, and available pool team members are sent to units of greatest needwithin the team members competency. Pool team members are cross-trained towork in all ORMC nursing departments within their competency and may bedeployed to any of these units to meet staffing deficits.
The Experienced Nursing Assistant performs patient care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One (1) year of nursing assistant work experience within the past five years may substitute for the below training requirement in
addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section.
Successful completion of one of the following:
- Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Assistant Program; or
- State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant certification; or
- State of Florida Licensed Practical Nurse; or
- Current nursing student who has completed one semester of clinical rotation; or
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing; or
- Medical Corpsman, Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic; or
- Medical personnel licensed outside the United States
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
One (1) year of experience within the past five years in a relevant healthcare setting. No experience required for graduates of an approved school of nursing.
- Assists patient with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
- Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized patient environment.
- Maintains safety and security of patients, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assures patient privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
- Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between patients.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent patient information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
- Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the patients condition to the RN and or other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in handoff report and purposeful hourly rounding of patients.
- Provides exceptional service and or care to all patients, families, customers and team members.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
- Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
- Receives and processes incoming phone calls, patient call lights and guest requests.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
- Participates in nursing Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Receives and processes incoming calls, patient calls and guest requests.
- Attends hospital, unit staff meetings and in-services according to policy.
- Completes all mandatory training.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care based on principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (McCormick Bldg) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.