Registered Nurse RN - Float Unit - PRN Days
Department: OHC NURSING FLEX POOL
Status: Pool/Per Diem
ADDRESS: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
Health Central Hospital, a part of Orlando Health, is one of central Florida's most progressive healthcare providers. Located in Ocoee/Winter Garden just minutes from Orlando, our facility features a unique design, 212-bed acute care hospital, as well as an Emergency Department. Health Central Hospitals commitment, attitude and actions reflect 60 years of service to its surrounding communities and neighbors.
Health Central Hospital of Ocoee, Fl is now searching for a Float Nurse on a per diem basis on dayshift. As a Float Pool PRN, you will be responsible for providing direct care to patients across all hospital units as needed. You will find rewards in playing a meaningful role that ensures every patient receives the safe, quality and personalized care they deserve.
- Per Diem (as needed); dayshift (7am - 7pm)
- Minimum requirement of 6 shifts in 6 weeks, 3 of which are weekdays & 3 weekends. Additional shifts may be open per candidate's request (depending on census).
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred; must be willing to obtain BSN within 36 months from date of employment (per our ANCC Magnet application; tuition reimbursement is available)
- Maintains current RN license in the State of Florida (or NCL compact licensure)
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- 2+ years RN experience in a hospital setting
- Assess patients needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patients progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific
- Prescribes, delegates, coordinates, and documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner including, but not limited to, patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients rights, and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized unit.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.