Surgical Technologist - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital Surgery Dept. - Varies Shift
Department: DPH SURGERY
Status: Variable Full Time
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand Lake Hospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents of Southwest Orange County and Orlandos growing tourist population. In addition to a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Specialize in Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an international reputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility serving the needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supported by a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renowned physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilities further with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce.
The Surgical Technologist II demonstrates through clinical practice a clear understanding of sterile technique and has a working knowledge of the specialized instrumentation and equipment required for a variety of special procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of:
- Surgical Technology training program; or
- U. S. Military Medical Core Training; or
- completion of an equivalent on-the-job training program with 7 years recent surgical tech experience.
- National certification as Surgical Technologist eligible and completed within six months of hire date from one of the following:
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) (www.nbstsa.org) renewed every 4 years; or
- Tech in Surgery - Certified by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) (www.ncctinc.com) renewed annually.
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
One year surg tech experience.
- Reviews preference and verifies case cart completely prior to case.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an orderly surgical field and for consistently passing instruments and supplies quickly and efficiently to the surgeon.
- Able to anticipate and prioritize the needs of the various steps associated with the procedure.
- Takes part in sponge, needle and instruments counts as dictated by the procedure.
- Responsible for maintaining the surgical specimen in a manner which identifies and preserves them for pathology evaluation.
- Assists in ordering and stocking of specialty supplies under the direction of management staff and departmental guidelines.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions:
- Participates in Environments of Care Quality Indicators (Q1) activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Practices efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a clear, safe and organized unit.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.