Monitor Tech - Health Central Monitoring - NIGHT
Department: MONITORING SERVICES
Status: Variable Full Time
Health Central Hospital, a part of Orlando Health, is one of central Florida's most progressive healthcare providers. Located in Ocoee/Winter Garden just minutes from Orlando, our facility features a unique design, 212-bed acute care hospital, as well as an Emergency Department. Health Central Hospitals commitment, attitude and actions reflect 60 years of service to its surrounding communities and neighbors.
The Monitor Tech is responsible for the continuous monitoring, interpretation, communication, and documentation of cardiac rhythms and rhythm components of patients in multisystem hospital setting.
Variable Full-Time, 7pm - 7am (nights); 3 - 12 hour shifts per week.
- Weekend rotations and volunteer holidays as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent
Prior Monitor Tech, Paramedic and/or EMT experience OR must possess a certification in ECG Interpretation OR
- Prior Orlando Health internal experience and has completed and passed Orlando Health's Basic ECG Interpretation for Non-Licensed Personnel (a 3 day, 6 hour on-site training course; requires advance registration via TeamConnect)
- Must pass an on-site ECG Rhythm Interpretation test at time of interview with an 84% or above
- BLS/Health Care provider certification required.
- Monitors and reviews patient information to determine baseline cardiac rhythm.
- Demonstrates competency in telemetry lead placement for accurate cardiac rhythm analysis.
- Analyzes cardiac rhythm and records measurements, calculations, and interpretation of patient record in accordance every 6 hours and PRN with established protocols.
- Notifies Registered Nurse of cardiac rhythm or rhythm component changes and follows current escalation protocol.
- Notifies Registered Nurse if patient off monitor and follows current escalation protocol.
- Maintains current knowledge of the technical operation of the central monitoring station.
- Maintains/checks high and low alarm settings on every telemetry patient each shift.
- Gives/accepts shift reports to provide current patient information.
- Works with assigned nursing personnel to coordinate initiation and discontinuation of telemetry.
- Identifies and troubleshoots routine technical problems with the central monitoring system and initiates biomedical repairs as necessary.
- Advances own current knowledge of cardiac rhythm analysis and interpretation.
- Protects patient confidentiality and sensitive data at all times.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions:
- Safeguards electronic Equipment, keeping liquids away from computers, telemetry monitors, and phones.
- Maintains physical environment conducive to continuous telemetry monitoring, including but not limited to noise reduction and minimal foot traffic.
- Answers the telephone promptly and courteously, identifying self and responding to requests.
- Supports new ideas and promotes positive change. Remains calm and helpful during stressful situations.
- Attends staff meetings and meets all mandatory education requirements.
- Demonstrates commitment to service, organizational values, and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as assigned
- Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.