Laboratory Supervisor - Health Central Lab - Varies Shift
Location: Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital
Address: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
Status: Full Time
The Laboratory Section Supervisor is responsible for monitoring and participating in all aspects of daily operations in an assigned section.
- Graduate from an approved school of medical laboratory technology or appropriate training facility.
- Bachelors degree in related science field.
- Completion of an approved clinical laboratory training internship.
- Maintains current supervisor license and medical technologist license required for area of responsibility - Florida Department of Health.
- Five (5) years laboratory experience.
- Provides daily supervision of personnel and reporting of tests.
- Monitors workflow evaluates compliance with service guarantees and quality control requirements.
- Works cooperatively with all customers and responds effectively to meet or exceed the customers needs. Monitors customer service satisfaction and addresses issues in a timely manner.
- Orients and trains team members in department.
- Completes performance competency evaluations, coaching plans.
- Recognizes and provides positive feedback and reward for performance and addresses disciplinary actions for all team members of an assigned section.
- Schedules staff to meet workload requirements while minimizing expense.
- Expected to assume bench responsibilities as needed and regularly scheduled to perform testing to maintain proficiency.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.