Clinical Specialist, Pharmacy Services - Horizon West Pharmacy - Varies Shift
Location: Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital
Address: 16596 Porter Road Winter Garden FL 34787
Department: HORIZON WEST PHARMACY
Status: Variable Full Time
Provides service and leadership consistent with the mission and vision of the Department of Pharmacy Services and the Clinical Pharmacy Team.
- Pharmacy degree (Bachelor of Science, Pharm.D. or clinically oriented Master of Science) and successful completion of post graduate residency/fellowship training (or commensurate experience).
- Must be licensed as a pharmacist by the Florida Board of Pharmacy or obtain license within 4 months of hire.
- One (1) year of hospital clinical practice experience or completion of an ASHP-accredited residency.
- Under the general direction of the Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator, is responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical pharmacy services at the designated practice site.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, execute, and monitor clinical pharmacy services designed to improve the quality of patient care while effectively utilizing resources.
- Facilitates coordination of activities and responsibilities of the pharmacy department to ensure that clinical services are provided with sufficient scope and coverage to meet the requirements/needs of the patient population and community served.
- Organizes and maintains appropriate documentation of clinical activities for purposes of pharmacy management and hospital accreditation.
- Conducts a clinical practice, performing verbal and written pharmacotherapy, pharmacokinetic, and nutritional support consultations with physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Maintains current knowledge on issues and therapies related to clinical practice.
- Supports staff pharmacist clinical education and training associated with core competencies and performance management.
- Assists the Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator in the development and measurement of performance measures for the clinical activities of the staff pharmacists.
- Participates in the employee selection processes.
- Develops policy and procedures encompassing clinical pharmacy services as necessary.
- Participates on multidisciplinary committees, such as the Pharmacotherapy Committee.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.