Emergency Medical Services Liaison Horizon West Administration Varies shift - Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital
The newly opened Orlando Health Emergency Room Horizon West includes 24 patient rooms and provides state-of-the-art emergency care by board-certified ER physicians and a highly skilled clinical team, caring for adults and children 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phase 2 will include a six-level hospital being built with a 120-bed capacity to meet the growing healthcare needs of the Horizon West community.
We are currently seeking an Emergency Medical Services Liaison for Phase 2. The Emergency Medical Services Liaison to join our Horizon West Monitoring Administration team on a Varied shift. The liaison is responsible for growing key service line areas as defined by leadership. Responsible for managing and executing successful implementation of marketing plans and promotions across a wide range of digital and traditional channels to increase engagement, collaboration, and drive volume and growth for Orlando Health.
- Successfully completed a Paramedic program.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Excel.
- Current certification as a Paramedic (PMD) in the State of Florida; and
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare provider certification; and
- Maintains current ACLS certification; and
- Must obtain and maintain PALS certification within one year of hire
- 2 years of field experience or directly related work experience.
- Functions as an EMS advocate.
- To develop relationships and generate referrals with community partners.
- Cultivates and promotes customer service via throughput initiatives.
- Identify new opportunities for partnering and growth.
- Performs data validation and integrity functions, including but not limited to, data collection, data entry and custom reporting.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and evaluates community engagement events.
- Professional presentation, commitment to excellence in services, programs and staff development.
- Works in conjunction with and under the supervision of the ED Manager.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings and/or committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or committees as required.
- Proven ability to work under stress and exercise good judgment.
- Must be effective team player.
- Must have good presentation skills and be a good listener.