Nursing Operations Manager - Horizon West Critical Care Unit - Day - Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital
The newly opened Orlando Health Emergency Room Horizon West includes 24 patient rooms and provides state-of-the-art emergency care by board-certified ER physicians and a highly skilled clinical team, caring for adults and children 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phase 2 will include a six-level hospital being built with a 120-bed capacity to meet the growing healthcare needs of the Horizon West community.
We are currently seeking a Nursing Operations Manager with extensive Critical Care experience to join our Horizon West Critical Care Unit. This position is the highest level of leadership in the Horizon West Critical Care Unit and will report directly to the Patient Care Administrator who reports to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO). You will be responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of a 120-bed Critical Care Unit including budget and financial responsibility, patient safety, quality and compliance, and management of staff, and ensuring delivery of quality service and optimal patient flow. You will find rewards in playing a meaningful role that ensures every patient receives the safe, quality and personalized care they deserve.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Business or Health related preferred
- Leadership board certification preferred; must be willing to obtain within 2 years from date of hire
- Current professional license as a registered nurse (RN) in the State of Florida (or NCL compact)
- National Certification in Emergency Room Nursing preferred and is required to obtain within six (6) months of employment
- Maintains current BLS with Healthcare Provider
- ACLS and / or other certs may be required.
- One (1) year nursing leadership experience is required; 2+ years strongly preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience as a registered nurse in a hospital setting required; 3+ years experience strongly preferred
- Prior RN experience in the emergency department required.
- Evaluates the environment and makes recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety, and compliance with various
- standards of care, regulatory / governing bodies i.e. OSHA, JCAHO, infection control, risk management
- Plans and coordinates quality and service activities in the department/unit and is responsible for the overall culture of safety within
- the department/unit
- Promotes a satisfied, healthy work environment for the workforce by establishing a climate of growth, challenge and development
- of all team members
- Analyzes, develops and maintains an effective and efficient nursing delivery model that reflects patient and family needs, ultimately
- achieving desired outcomes
- Participates in the planning and implementation of new technologies, procedures, services to support day to day operations
- Identifies, recruits, develops and retains top talent
- Responsible for management of team members including recruitment, retention, supervision, evaluation and productivity
- Develops and manages unit/department budget to respond in a cost effective manner to changing patient and team member
- Applies key financial principles and organizational financial targets to departmental projects/budgets
- Achieves financial and operational benchmarks by developing capital & operating budgets and monitoring all operational expenses
- Assures development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with nursing
- research, organizational and national practice standards
- Demonstrates initiative and situational leadership skills
- Embraces, communicates and promotes effective change
- Cultivates exemplary customer services throughout the unit/department
- Serves as a liaison to nursing administration for team members
- Demonstrates professional accountability by maintaining proficiency in assigned role and involvement in professional organizations
- Facilitates and supports team member involvement in professional and organizational activities
- Holds self and others accountable to Orlando Healths mission, vision and values.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Patient Care Administrator or designee.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
- and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Knowledge of risk management concepts
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned.
- Able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to their age specific needs and to provide nursing care needed as described in the unit/departments policies and procedures.