Perioperative Control Desk Liaison - ORMC Surgery - Nights
Department: ORMC Surgery
Status: Variable Full Time
Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) at Orlando Health is currently seeking a Perioperative Control Desk Liaison on the night shift to join the OR Surgery team. They will be coordinating all activitieswhether PACU- or OR-relatedwith the surgery schedule, ensuring that 100% of all surgery patient procedures are completed timely and efficiently.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license in the State of Florida.
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider Certification and appropriate Advanced Life Support, if required by individual facility.
- BSN or current national certification in area of practice required CNOR (surgery) or CPAN (PACU)
- Two years current operating room experience for the surgical area; and/or 2 years of PACU experience for the PACU area.
- Ensures incident reports are initiated and completed for all unusual circumstances or incidents per facility guidelines.
- Ensures excellent customer service and communication skills with surgeons, anesthesia, team members, and management.
- Maintains open line of communication throughout the shift between Sterile Processing/Materials Management (surgery), Guest Services, Admitting, Anesthesia, PreOP (PACU) and other departments as required.
- Collaborates with Assistant Nurse Managers/Learning Specialists to ensure that staff competency levels match the duties being performed.
- Ensures coverage for Desk Liaison deficits, per guidelines of each facility.
- Schedules after hours and add on cases in an accurate and timely manner, notifying all applicable departments and team members appropriately (Surgery).
- Orients new clinical team members in the functions and role of the control desk.
- Works in collaboration with Surgery Charge Team (Anesthesiologist, Surgeon) to ensure constant flow of surgical cases. If cases are delayed, notifies the appropriate personnel of the delay.
- Coordinates patient care with multi-disciplinary departments (Pre-op, PACU, Radiology, Lab, Blood Bank, OR, ED, IP Unit, etc.) in emergent and non-emergent cases to maintain a consistent level of patient care.
- Acts as resource person, particularly on off shifts, answering or obtaining technical answers to questions regarding cases.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
Other Related Functions
- Awareness of legal issues, patient rights, and compliance regarding the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Understanding of the surgery operating budget, particularly the connection between staff and salary dollars, to ensure appropriate use of staff time.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on the assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit/area/department's policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 52 W Underwood St (ORMC) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.