Westminster Communities of Florida, a nationally recognized not-for-profit church related senior living organization, is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Director of Culinary Services. The ideal candidate needs to have passion for great tasting food; possess strong culinary knowledge and genuine enthusiasm in providing our residents and their guests with an exceptional dining experience. The position will be located in our Management Services office in Orlando, Florida.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supports Strategic Dining Initiatives and pushes self and others for results through the successful use of
WCoFs Dining Programs, resources and tools.
2. Ensures full compliance and effectiveness of HACCP food safety
3. Accesses and supports culinary operations forecasting, cost control, budgeting, purchasing, inventory.
4. Assists with hands-on culinary training to staff and culinary leadership.
5. Evaluation of recipe compliance and production consistency.
6. Assesses quality, appeal and consistency of food at all points of service.
7. Assessment of production process, technical knowledge and use of Food Management System
and deployment of Seasonal Menu Tool kit.
8. Assists with culinary training, coaching and development of community production staff.
9. Monitors production kitchen reports, logs, EOM and sanitation reviews are completed accurately with
corrective actions noted to achieve goals.
10. Participates in the development of WCoF dining programs, tools, resources and promotions and the
introduction and training strategy.
Minimum Requirements: 4-Year Culinary Arts Degree from an Accredited Culinary Institution or related College Degree required; Specialized certification/degree at an approved culinary school; and 5-7 years similar experience in a high volume, hospitality oriented and customer service focused environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Serv Safe certification required or ability to obtain certification within 90 days from date of hire.
Ability to hold effective meetings. Builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships
Ability to work as a member of the dining services management team.
Works with minimal supervision
Able to arrange and travel with independence. Statewide travel required.
Must be able to successfully prioritize tasks
Ability to adapt quickly to new situations
Ability to function adequately under pressure
Projects a professional appearance
Possess strong verbal, written and presentation skills