Certified Lab Phlebotomist - St. Cloud Lab - Pool Weekend Days
Location: Orlando Health St. Cloud Hospital
Address: 2906 17th Street St. Cloud FL
Department: STC LABORATORY
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Shift: Weekend Days
The Certified Laboratory Phlebotomist performs laboratory specimen collection following approved policies and procedures. At least 80% of productive time is performing phlebotomy procedure.
High School graduate or equivalent.
- CPR certification.
- Phlebotomy certification from American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), the National Phlebotomy Association (NPA), American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT) or any certification program requiring a phlebotomy rotation with minimum of 100 patient collections and a requirement of continuing education to maintain certification.
- Perform peripheral IV insertion.
- Ability to work outside the immediate laboratory setting.
- Communication with immediate supervisor on any issues that may impact patient care.
- Provides support in the areas of patient registration, demonstrates a thorough knowledge of third party reimbursement requirements and regulations
- Demonstrate knowledge of specimen collection and handling requirements.
- Knowledge of hospital and laboratory information systems, specimen processing, billing, reference testing and scheduling.
- Maintains appropriate supplies.
- Maintains positive customer service relationships at all times and proactively responds to customer service issues.
- Trains staff as required.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the department.
- Ability to coordinate, organize and perform any outreach phlebotomy service required.
- Coordinates laboratory specimen collection for inpatient and outpatient settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with all team members and respond to customer phone calls.
- Acts as liaison between the laboratory, physicians, nursing personnel, other ancillary departments, clients and vendors outside the laboratory.
- Follows established policies and procedures to meet regulatory and accrediting agency requirements.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- May perform bed side testing, such as glucose.
- Responsible for maintaining an active role in the laboratory Quality Improvement Program.
- Documents specimen quality issues.
- Adheres to infection control and safety practices and keeps a clean and organized work area.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient record, hospital and departmental matters at all times.
- Maximize productivity, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.