Float Nursing Assistant - Corporate Resource Team - NIGHT
Department: CORPORATE RESOURCE TEAM
Status: Variable Full Time
As a Float Nursing Assistant in Orlando Health, providing quality patient care is the top priority. You will be part of an exceptional team that travels to any of our adult hospital facilities to experience working with a diverse patient population and other specialties, seeing how other units function and a chance to meet and work with other teams while building knowledge and skills.
In exchange for work location flexibility amongst the multiple hospital sites, the Float Nursing Assistant will receive a higher rate of pay.
The Corporate Resource Team provides competent, supplemental staffing resources to all nursing units within the adult population of Orlando Health. Staffing needs are assessed a minimum of every shift, and available pool team members are sent to units of greatest need within the team members competency.
PREFERENCES: In order to be successful in this role, it is highly preferred to have one year of nursing assistant experience within a hospital setting.
The Nursing Assistant, Corp 24/7 performs general patient care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse. Provides care at any facility that regularly staffs Nursing Assistants on a 24 hour, 7 day per week basis.
High school graduate or equivalent; and
- One (1) year of nursing assistant work experience within the past five years may substitute for the below training requirement in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section.
Successful completion of one of the following:
- Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Assistant Program; or
- State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant certification; or
- State of Florida Licensed Practical Nurse; or
- Current nursing student who has completed one semester of clinical rotation; or
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing; or
- Medical Corpsman, Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic; or
- Medical personnel licensed outside the United States.
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
One (1) year of experience within the past five years in a relevant healthcare setting. No experience required for graduates of an approved school of nursing.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (McCormick Bldg) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.